A Canon-Based Forum Roleplay of the Black Clover manga written by Yuuki Tabata

CURRENT SEASON: Autumn || Welcome to the Black Clover RP Forum! || Autumn has come and the winds of change are beginning to breeze. As the trees turn color, Magic Knights hopefuls are now participating in the Magic Knight Entrance Exam! || Our STAFF HIRING is still ongoing! If you'd like to join our staff and help ensure that our site runs smoothly then send in your applications!

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Sherros Yu [WIP]
by Sherros Yu Today at 3:16 am

» Random rolls
by Magic Emperor Today at 3:07 am

» Grimoire Rolling!
by Magic Emperor Today at 2:39 am

» Adam Tyson (WIP)
by Crimzon Today at 2:32 am

» Elemental Rolling!
by Magic Emperor Today at 2:16 am

Word Counter

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Mission] Broom Based Business

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 [Mission] Broom Based Business on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:25 am

Grandeur

Wanderer
The Broommaker:

Mission Name: The Broommaker
Mission Rank: Junior
Mission Location: The Common Region
Gold Stars: 1
Gold Reward: 600
Word Count: 1,000 Words  
Number of Participants:  1
Mission Description: Ever wonder how a broom is made? The broommaker never tells his secrets! The Broommaker of Kikka has requested the someone gather the wood he carves into magic brooms! Venture in the mountainy forests of the common region and gather rare mana-infused wood for broom making and return it to the Broommaker. You never know, you might get a special surprise!

Grand would make his way up that bleak and rather typically cliche path, looking around, wondering if perhaps there would be an old witch trying to sell apples or maybe a stupid bear trying to eat people's food? Nature, though he appreciated it's beauty...he usually did so from afar, too many things, insects especially, to ruin the beauty that the world would normally offer. Soon though, he found himself at the front door of this... run down shack this old man would call a home. But whatever, put on a smile and charm the old coot! Grand would knock on the door once...twice..hmm.. "The old man must be asleep." Grand would then decide after knocking a third time with no response to perhaps get a little more 'forceful'.

Grand raised his leg to bring it against the door, but as he did so, the door would swing slightly open to then smack, due to his thrusting leg, quite hard against someone, who it turns out was opening the door when it was suddenly kicked, sending the old man flying backwards about two feet to then land on his ass. Grand quickly ducked behind the side of the doorway, not wanting to be seen after basically kicking an old man on his even older butt. Grand stood there, frozen for a second, wondering if the old man was alright, but primarily worried he would figure out it was him who did it and would refuse his work order.

Grand then heard the furious shuffling of feet and saw the old man poke out his head, looking out and scowling around. When his eyes finally landed on Grand before looking him up and down. "E-err. OH goodness! Did you just see that man? He just ran off into the forest, MY word I just stood here, simply flabbergasted that he'd just kick open someone's door like some kind of ruffian and then just charge off into the forest, I say, are you alright?" Grand asks, a smile on his face, trying to keep his nervous tendencies in check as he comes to the old man's aid "Your nose is all red, that might become a nasty bruise, here, please let us go inside and I beseech you to let me tend to your nose."

After a few minutes of 'tending' the old man's nose was wrapping in a layer of bandages as Grand smiled to him before he would nod to himself. "Well now that your nose is better, might I be able to discuss a matter of business with you?" And with that, hands him the ad the old man had placed.

The old man, probably still a bit out of it from... literally having the door kicked in on him, gazed the paper over before nodding to him, his voice sounding a bit more...'nasal' than it had been before more than likely. "Well... I guess since you made your way all the way up here.. sure. There's a camp about a mile from here, it's a big old clearing, can't miss it. I want you to cut up some of those logs that the bastard woodsman was supposed to clear two weeks ago....speaking of which, I wonder if it was that jerk who kicked in my door? Oh I'm going to fix him!" The old man got up and walked towards his work bench and began to whittle..something.

"W-well then! Thank you and I shall return post haste!" Grand smiled and then walked out to the door, closing the now somewhat wobbly door behind him. Letting out a relieved sigh, he would then wave a hand in front of his face, commenting on how dusty that shack was before making his way out towards the camp. It would take him a little over an hour to finally reach it to which he would look at all the cumbersome tools, things that men would probably be breaking their backs using to chop this wood up. Though Grand would sit on a stump and yawned softly. "Work smarter, not harder!" Grand seemed filled to the brim with catch phrases as he would pull his grimoire out and looks to a rather large log. Grand would begin to swirl his hand in the air as fragments of glass swirled out from his book and then formed together into a spiraling buzzsaw! He would keep swirling his hand, the saw spinning faster.. and faster.. and faster!

Grand would grin to himself and tilt his head slightly "I  should really think about turning this into an actual attack later on." Before Grand than would wave his hand and have that saw drop downwards and begins to carve through that fallen tree, cleaving it into more manageable pieces, his hand going up... and then down, carving and sawing his way through them until he had a nice pile going.

This went on for a few hours, until, much to Grand's surprise his face was covered in sweat. Grand slipped out her handkerchief and pat his face dry, he knew he was going to have to have a bath when he got back home, he did so hate getting all sweaty! But now that he saw that it was starting to get late, he'd grab one of the smaller logs and carry it with him.

Taking another hour to get back to the old man's shack, he would move his hand to knock on the door but figured that might not go so well. So instead he poked his head through an open window "Hello!" He'd say in a loud and cheerful voice, to which the now shocked old man fell backwards and on his ass. Grand looked down to him, now mildly annoyed as he then slowly made his way into the house through that window, dusting himself off.

"I have finished the task you have asked me, and here's proof aaaand why are you holding an axe?" Grand asked, looking to him and then the axe and then back to him.

"Let's just say when someone comes knocking on my door.. I'll be ready!" The old man grinned and then began to look the small log over.

"Oooh, cryptic! So then, I do believe now comes the part in the business arrangement to which you would give me my payment yes?" Grand asks, in a cheery manner, tilting his head slightly.

"Oh.. yeah, payment, here you go." He hands him a small bag of coins, to which Grand takes gladly and puts it away in his coin purse. "And I suppose since you did all that work for me and helped me when I was attacked!.. You can have your choice of brooms." He motions to the wall behind him.

Grand tilted his head and looked to the brooms "Ohhh.. that's right, we use those to fly! Heh, the things you forget when you're literally carried everywhere you go." Grand rolled his eyes and then makes his way to the wall, hmm'ing and then seeing a nice and proper broom... but with a little 'twist' about the middle of the broom. He grinned and took it from the wall "A nice coat of pink and she will be perfect!" Grand bows his head to the old man "Thank you for this, I shall use this broom with pride." Grand walks with the old man towards the doorway, noticing that the door swings outwards now "Wh- Oh so it can't be kicked in, ok." Grand nods and then waves to the old man, slamming the door closed behind him.. to hear the old man wail as it struck him once more.... Grand quickly began to run down that mountainside, not wanting to stick around any longer, broom and money in hand as he did so!

Word Count: 1282

View user profile

2 Re: [Mission] Broom Based Business on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:33 am

Spriderhawk

Junior Magic Knight 1st Class
With a word count of 1282/1200 you have a...

Mission Complete!!

Rewards:

• 1 Stat Points
  • 1 Spell Points
  • 600 Gold
  • ..and Broom Maker's Broom

Broom Maker's Broom:
Item Name: Broom Maker’s Broom
Elemental Affinity: N/A
Item Type: Supplementary
Item Rank: Junior
Stats: +2 Speed
Item Appearance: A broom rewarded to Grandeur for helping out the broom maker.  Unlike most brooms, this one is pink in color with a little 'twist' about the middle of the broom.
Item Description: A very basic magic item that nearly all those with magic learn how to use at a young age. Allows the ability to fly at a moderate level. The broom cannot handle going higher than 30 meters or the wind might cause it to snap.  The max weight for this particular model is 200 pounds, making it less than ideal for multiple occupants to be on. Requires at least 5 control to use.

Once airborne, it takes a mana upkeep cost of 3 Mana per post to remain flying.
Code:
[spoiler=Broom Maker's Broom][b]Item Name:[/b] Broom Maker’s Broom
[b]Elemental Affinity:[/b] N/A
[b]Item Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Item Rank:[/b] Junior
[b]Stats:[/b] +2 Speed
[b]Item Appearance:[/b] A broom rewarded to Grandeur for helping out the broom maker.  Unlike most brooms, this one is pink in color with a little 'twist' about the middle of the broom.
[b]Item Description:[/b] A very basic magic item that nearly all those with magic learn how to use at a young age. Allows the ability to fly at a moderate level. The broom cannot handle going higher than 30 meters or the wind might cause it to snap.  The max weight for this particular model is 200 pounds, making it less than ideal for multiple occupants to be on. Requires at least 5 control to use.

Once airborne, it takes a mana upkeep cost of 3 Mana per post to remain flying.
[/spoiler]

Comments: I liked how Grand banged the door in the last and left the old man wailing again.

Notes: Head over to emperor's approval to claim your gold reward.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum