A Canon-Based Forum Roleplay of the Black Clover manga written by Yuuki Tabata

CURRENT SEASON: Autumn || Welcome to the Black Clover RP Forum! || Autumn has come and the winds of change are beginning to breeze. As the trees turn color, Magic Knights hopefuls are now participating in the Magic Knight Entrance Exam! || Our STAFF HIRING is still ongoing! If you'd like to join our staff and help ensure that our site runs smoothly then send in your applications!

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Sherros Yu [WIP]
by Sherros Yu Today at 3:16 am

» Random rolls
by Magic Emperor Today at 3:07 am

» Grimoire Rolling!
by Magic Emperor Today at 2:39 am

» Adam Tyson (WIP)
by Crimzon Today at 2:32 am

» Elemental Rolling!
by Magic Emperor Today at 2:16 am

Word Counter

You are not connected. Please login or register

Broom Broom!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Broom Broom! on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:04 am

Viviane

Wanderer
The Broommaker:

Mission Name: The Broommaker
Mission Rank: Junior
Mission Location: The Common Region
Gold Stars: 1
Gold Reward: 600
Word Count: 1,000 Words  
Number of Participants:  1
Mission Description: Ever wonder how a broom is made? The broommaker never tells his secrets! The Broommaker of Kikka has requested the someone gather the wood he carves into magic brooms! Venture in the mountainy forests of the common region and gather rare mana-infused wood for broom making and return it to the Broommaker. You never know, you might get a special surprise!

Viviane was directed to come here from a friend, who said that the man makes the best brooms this side of the kingdom. She was surprised to hear this though, what with professionals claiming the same thing and certainly had more flair to their name and their brooms, she was still curious and so made arrangements to come out to the 'sticks'. She made her way, in clothing that was a little more.. subdued, to help her blend in a bit better. She would look around, looking to her instructions to see if she was the right place. She made her way to this.. shack in the middle of the mountainous area of this forest.

She made her way up the stone steps to then knock on the door, opening her mouth to say something but the door slowly swings open. Viviane poked her head in first and then slowly opened the door the rest of the way before stepping inside finally. She looks around, coughing a bit, the place smelt heavily of dust and wood and something weird that she could not easily discern. There she saw the older man sleeping, she would clear her throat a little...then a little louder.. and after five minutes of this she throws a small piece of wood at his head, getting the man to suddenly awaken, fall out of his chair and out onto the ground. She quickly hides her hands behind her back to then gasp as this all happened.

She tilts her head, looking to the old man as he looked to her "Whozit, what'zit? Who are you?" he asks in a croaky tone, apparently he was in quite the deep slumber before he was....woken.

She smiles and holds up the small advert he had placed. "Oh that thing.. yeah, in the south of the forest of here there's some special mana-infused trees that when chopped into logs make excellent broom material." He looks her over and tilts his head again "Are you sure you're up to the task? I don't think-" Before he could finish his sentence she raised a hand out in front of her, towards him.

"Please sir, leave this up to me and I shant let you down." With that she turned on her heel, her long red hair whipping in the air behind her as she made her way out of his door and waved a hand in front of her face, "Gah.. so dusty." She then sets off, to find that special wood!

After about two hours, following...getting lost and then following the map again, she finally found the spot. A clearing in the middle of the forest, seems like he and/or someone else had already begun to set themselves up a nice little work area. She pats her grimoire and waves her hand, thorns sprouting out from the ground to then begin to fetch various tools and then wrap them about her belt. She then motions to an already cut down tree and grips her book's spine, the large vines wrapping about that tree, their large thorns digging into the wood to which she would have coil left to right, left to right, left to right. Over and over again, the wood slowly being sawed in half whilst she would then get to organizing a spot to put them.

It took her several hours, her body covered in sweat, having to change out her vines due to their thorns wearing down several times. They made decent saws, but she couldn't help but think that two or more people could do this job MUCH faster than just her and her thorns. She would stop and sit down, watching the sun begin to set, painting the sky orange and purple as she grabs a bit of water from the nearby container and splashes it across her face, making her then shake her head and let out a small gasp. "Ooof! Cold!" She then smiles to herself and looks to the decent pile she had carved up. She moves herself down to grab a nearby hatchet and SWING it down, cutting off some of the branches from the logs. Once that was done, she would wipe her brow, her purple eye making it's way to look to the road.

If she wanted to get back in time, she would have to start off now. With that, she began to walk her way up the winding, confusing road back to the house. She saw smoke coming from the chimney as she then made her way up those stone steps and was greeted with a smile by the old man who hurried her inside as night soon was upon them.

He offered her some tea and sat down with her, talking for a while, mostly about how under appreciated brooms are and how 'his craft is totally taken for granted' and other rants she believed mostly artists reserved for a captive audience.

Viviane would clear her throat before saying "I'm sorry to interrupt. But I'm afraid I have to inquire about my payment? I'm sorry to ask this so abruptly... but it IS part of the agreement after all." The old man nodded before rubbing his chin and then shuffled on to get the gold, to which she smiled and tilted her head slightly "I heard that you are one of the better craftsmen in this side of Clover.. might I be able to see one of your wares?" She asks, before seeing the old man beam and hurry off to grab a few of his brooms before all but throwing them on her in a pile.

Viviane blinks and slowly stands up, looking over at the brooms, one from another, somewhat the same, but also somewhat different, slight differences here and there, some felt heavier, others were made of different kinds of wood and even had their 'bodies' in slightly altered shapes. She tilts her head and gently grabs one, tilting her head as she looks to the saddle on it. "Huh, a saddle? That's not a bad idea..." She says as she then smiles to him "May I take this on a ride?" She asks, her purple eye glinting with eager excitement.

The old man at first shook his head but as she all but loomed over him with her eager eye glinting at him, he finally relented and off she shot. Rushing out the door and then making her way to grip the broom's handle..and tugs up on it...nothing.. tugs on it a bit more.. she frowned as nothing happened but was surprised when the old man gave her butt a pinch which in turn sent her shooting UP into the sky like a rocket! Viviane would flail her arms and cling to the broom tightly, slowly he'd try to compose herself.. slowly settling herself on the saddle properly, sliding her feet into the stirrups as she gently shimmied her way down back to the ground.

Viviane's face was blushing and the old man cackled a little, even doing so 'after' she slapped him upside his head! She would then hop off the broom and hands it back to him, grabbing her bag of gold from his hand as she then hmphs and tries to make her way away from his house. Only for him to call back at her. She would turn around and let out a surprised 'oof' as he tossed the broom into her arms "Just be sure to tell all of your little friends about me and if you need lessons on how to ride it be sure to come back!" He said, making 'groping' motions and then laughing before he'd let out a loud 'ack' as a hunk of wood collided with his face!

Word Count: 1291

View user profile

2 Re: Broom Broom! on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:12 am

Jett King

Wanderer
With a word count of 1291/1200 you have a...

Mission Complete!!

Rewards:

• 1 Stat Points
  • 1 Spell Points
  • 600 Gold
  • ..and Broom Maker's Broom

Broom Maker's Broom:
Item Name: Broom Maker’s Broom
Elemental Affinity: N/A
Item Type: Supplementary
Item Rank: Junior
Stats: +2 Speed
Item Appearance: A broom rewarded to Viviane for helping out the broom maker. Unlike most brooms, this one is equipped with a saddle and stirrups.
Item Description: A very basic magic item that nearly all those with magic learn how to use at a young age. Allows the ability to fly at a moderate level. The broom cannot handle going higher than 30 meters or the wind might cause it to snap.  The max weight for this particular model is 200 pounds, making it less than ideal for multiple occupants to be on. Requires at least 5 control to use.

Once airborne, it takes a mana upkeep cost of 3 Mana per post to remain flying.
Code:
[spoiler=Broom Maker's Broom][b]Item Name:[/b] Broom Maker’s Broom
[b]Elemental Affinity:[/b] N/A
[b]Item Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Item Rank:[/b] Junior
[b]Stats:[/b] +2 Speed
[b]Item Appearance:[/b] A broom rewarded to Viviane for helping out the broom maker.  Unlike most brooms, this one is equipped with a saddle and stirrups.
[b]Item Description:[/b] A very basic magic item that nearly all those with magic learn how to use at a young age. Allows the ability to fly at a moderate level. The broom cannot handle going higher than 30 meters or the wind might cause it to snap.  The max weight for this particular model is 200 pounds, making it less than ideal for multiple occupants to be on. Requires at least 5 control to use.

Once airborne, it takes a mana upkeep cost of 3 Mana per post to remain flying.
[/spoiler]

Comments: I liked how no nonsense Viviane is in this, straight to the gold after the job was done. The use of the thorns to cut down the trees was smart, I liked. I did get a laugh out of the broom makers groping motion after coping a feel. Really liked this made me laugh.

Notes: Head over to emperor's approval to claim your gold reward.

Grimoire: Jett's Grimoire
Speech: Purple - 9300C4
Stats
Power: 11
Stamina: 15
Speed: 14
Sensory: 10
Control: 26
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum